Job Title: Journeyman Plumber
Employer: Custom Plumbing
Location: Sarnia, ON
Position Type: Full Time
Custom Plumbing is a locally-owned business that has provided timely and efficient services to customers in Sarnia and Lambton County for the last 30 years.
Our company is continually undergoing exciting changes to improve our efficiency, heighten the totality of our customer experience while enhancing the involvement of our employees’ personal success. This evolution is only made possible by a professional, talented, and passionate team who embrace these changes and embody the high standard that the Custom Plumbing brand represents. It is our hope that you will consider joining our team to experience first-hand how we invest in our people, so you will have a long, fruitful, and beneficial career with us.
Custom Plumbing is seeking a highly-skilled service plumber who can both get any job done well, and also offer exceptional service to our customers. Our ideal candidate is someone who is searching for an opportunity where they can enjoy a long and rewarding career coupled with development and growth. Someone who is excited by the idea of being a part of a team that is contributing to building the company for the future.
The position involves servicing many different types of calls, including:
• Scheduled service calls at residential and commercial locations
• Emergency services
• Job quoting
We utilize a rotating schedule for on-call emergency services. To compensate this, we offer an on-call bonus even if no calls are attended.
The candidate must be flexible and adapt well to change, as our service schedule can change quickly as we prioritize the calls that come into the office.
• Journeyman or Red Seal Certificate of Qualification (306A Plumber) with the Ontario College of Trades
• Experience in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all types of plumbing systems
• Experience with job costing, budgeting, and forecasting is considered an asset
• Valid G driver’s license with clean abstract is required
• Courteous, friendly, and respectful
• Positive “customer first” attitude
• Excellent problem solver
• Efficient trouble shooter
• Works well both independently and as part of the team
• Clear and diligent in documenting information on work orders and other paperwork to provide to the office for billing
What We Offer:
• Competitive wages:
• $40 per billable hour
• Additional billable hours/overtime frequently available
• 40 hours per week guaranteed
• Pension program:
• 2% Custom Plumbing contribution on gross annual pay
• Unlimited employee contributions
• 6 month vesting period
• Full benefits after 3 months of employment
• 5% Commission on parts
• Free company uniform
• Company vehicle provided
• Cell phone allowance
• A positive, dynamic workplace that’s building for the future
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who aligns with our core values. If you think you would be a good fit for our team, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format. Please be sure to include the position title in the subject.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.